We are seeking a short film to use in the 2016 Short Film Music Scoring Competition.
In 2014 the Christian Worldview Film Festival held a unique competition for music composers that drew 19 contestants from across the United States and 1 from overseas. These musicians poured their talents into scoring a short 7 minute film called “Work Before Play” and the results were incredible! You can watch the film and hear the winning score by clicking here.
We would love to continue this competition for the 2016 Film Festival but we need your help!This year we are opening up the scoring competition even broader. We are holding a short film competition prior to the general submissions to the film festival for a short film that will be scored in the 2016 Short Film Music Scoring Competition. This is where you come in. Enter your film by September 1st, 2015 for a chance to be featured in the 2016 festival. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your work in a unique way!
Enter in 3 easy steps:
1. Register your film here
2. Send us your short film via mail or download link
3. Begin biting your fingernails as you await the announcement of the official film
What’s in it for you?
Short Film Music Scoring Competition FILM Submission Guidelines:Please read the following guidelines carefully to ensure that your film is not rejected due to technical issues. The Submission deadline is Tuesday, September 1st, 2015.
1) Filmmakers should become familiar with the Christian Worldview Film Festival’s 2016 Film Submission Guidelines, Section V: Film Submission Considerations, before submitting your work.
2) Films must be completed after October 1st, 2013 to be eligible for this competition.
3) Films must be under 10 minutes in length.
4) Audio should be mastered in stereo sound.
5) Each Film submitted should begin with a black screen (for one second) and then the Film should immediately start without any further delay. Please, do not include any trailers or special introductions. Films submitted on DVD should have a simple menu with an icon to play the movie.
6) DVDs will not be returned under any circumstances. Receipt of films will be confirmed by e-mail correspondence.
7) Films can be submitted via download link (eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
8) Films are still eligible for entry into the 2016 Christian Worldview Film Festival competition but must be submitted separately according to 2016 CWVFF Film Submission Guidelines.
9) The $10.00 fee must be paid at the time of submission. All submissions will be provided with a coupon code for $10.00 to apply toward the submission fee into the 2016 Christian Worldview Film Festival.
10) The director of the winning film for this competition will be included on the judging panel for the 2016 Short Film Music Scoring Competition.
11) The winning film will need to have an embedded time code with accompanying spotting notes for the music composers (not required at the time of submission).
12) Deciding to participate in the competition, you agree to issue a perpetual license (master license) for the film to be used in the Short Film Music Scoring Competition, and for promotional purposes in connection with the film, the music composer, or the competition. Apart from the above, you will retain full copyright of the film.