Media Talk 101is a non-profit organization dedicated to teaching media discernment in the light of following Christ. The focus for most of this time has been on reaching out to media consumers but since the production of our award winning documentary “Captivated: Finding Freedom in a Media Captive Culture” (2012) we have had more opportunity to reach out to media producers. This year we wanted to be more intentional with outreach to content creators and the idea of holding a film festival and filmmaking workshops seemed to be an ideal direction. For more information about Media Talk 101 please visit our website.
Phillip TelferPhillip Telfer is the founder and director of Media Talk 101 which he began in 2005. He is author of the book “What Wouldn’t Jesus Do? Media choices in the light of following Christ” and has ministered to youth and families over the last 20 years, sharing at camps, retreats, conferences, Christian schools and church services around the country. He has been a teacher for the annual “Lamplighters Guild” and a guest teacher at MasterWorks Festival. He has written and produced an award winning documentary called Captivated which addresses the impact of media in our culture and the growing need for discernment.
- 2013 Gold Crown Award for Best Documentary at the International Christian Visual Media Conference
- 2013 Best Documentary at the GloryReelz Christian Film Festival
- 2013 Best Documentary at the Midwest Christian Inspirational Indie Film Festival
- 2012 Best Documentary Runner-Up at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival
- 2012 Best of Festival Finalist at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival
[embed width=”900″ height=”506″]https://vimeo.com/31105929[/embed]